What You Need to Know About LED Screen Maintenance
LED screen maintenance is vital knowledge that every user and owner should know. With the correct LED screen maintenance process, you can achieve the product’s long life span.
The LED display is the illuminated text of LED billboard signs. It has a large amount of information, an excellent display effect, and an advertising effect, and can update the content at any time.
With the extensive use of LED billboard screens, various objective and subjective factors will reduce the LED display mesh’s life. LED billboard screen is similar to traditional electronic products; you need to pay attention to its use and daily maintenance to have a longer service life.
If you can maintain the LED display mesh correctly, its service life will last long. Now let us introduce the daily care and use of the LED display to help you achieve reliable and steady LED screen performance.
2. How To Maintain The LED Display Switch?
LED Display switch is a critical component of the LED system. When used in the wrong way, it may affect the overall function of the LED display. Below are the things you need to keep in mind to maintain the LED Display switch.
- When using the display, first turn on the computer and then turn on the show. After using it, turn off the display and then turn off the computer.
- If you did not do it in order, it would cause the screen to highlight, burn the tube, and the result is severe. Minimize the number of switching power supplies between the start and the end; there should be more than one minute between the two operations.
- The time of the switch screen can’t exceed 5 minutes. The LED billboard screen can’t open in the all-white state or work for a long time.
- If it is all white, then the current impact of the working system is the largest. Thus, it will cause the LED display damage.
- Avoid large LED screens working under healthy lightning conditions.
- If the working environment temperature is too high, you should pay attention to the corresponding heat dissipation.
- When there is a situation where the power supply often trips, check the screen or replace the power supply in time.
- If there is a dark red color on the LED display when playing the white pattern, you should use the multimeter to measure whether the voltage between the power supply and the dark red box module is 5V.
- If not, you should replace the power supply.
- When some of the cabinets are not bright during use, it is necessary to check whether the signal wires connect the bright and non-bright cabinets are loose or abnormal and if so, you should replace them with a new one.
Check the network cable to check if the cabinet’s power, which is not bright, is standard.
3. How To Keep LED Display Power Supply At Its Best Performance?
The LED power supply is the heart of the LED system, and you wouldn’t want to malfunction because when that happens, the whole system will suffer.
- LED module is DC +5V power, working voltage is 4.2V-5.2V, you need to use the voltage and power supply within the specified range not to cause damage to the device.
- The LED screen wall should be grounded. The power supply should be away from other high-power electrical equipment. If the screen is short-circuited or smoked during operation, do not repeat the power-on test.
- You should contact professional maintenance personnel for inspections, especially internal wiring, to avoid electric shock.
- LED display module power supply needs to pay attention to the positive and negative power supply; if you connected the positive and negative terminals wrong, it would cause the circuit device to burn.
- The large LED display power supply supplies in batches because the entire screen power state will impact the whole power distribution system, destroying the LED display power distribution cabinet.
4. What Are The LED Screen Moisture And Storage Requirements?
First, we must ensure that the LED billboard screen has an excellent moisture-proof function regarding LED display moisture treatment. Let’s take a look at how YUCHIP does it on the moisture-proof work of LED billboard screens below.
- You cannot close the LED display for a long time. If you do not use the LED display for more than three days in a high humidity environment, you should use the preheating lighting mode every time: 30%~50% is preheated for 4~8 hours, then adjust it to average.
- Brightness (80%~100%) illustrates the screen body, so you have to remove the moisture so that there is no abnormality in use.
- Suppose you don’t use the LED display for more than seven days. When lighting the LED display, it is necessary to use the preheating lighting mode: 30%~50% brightness is preheated for more than 12 hours and adjusted to average brightness (80 %~100%). It eliminates moisture; thus, no abnormality when using the LED billboard screen.
- Storage Environment Requirements: Humidity must be less than 60%, the temperature is less than 30%, general ambient temperature is -40 °C ≤ t ≤ 60 °C.
According to the LED display environment, determine whether the LED billboard screen must be vacuum-packed and placed with a moisture-proof card and a desiccant to ensure the raw materials’ stable quality.
5. LED Screen Maintenance — Body Cleaning
After working for a while, the LED screen wall will affect the display effect due to the outside world’s harsh environment.
Suppose the surface of the LED display is contaminated. In that case, it can brighten the LED display—the black screen in two states for visual judgment, including whether the screen surface is contaminated. The surface paint and rust of the LED screen wall, seemingly simple cleaning work, is essential for the display maintenance process.
Let’s talk about some considerations about YUCHIP’s cleaning in the LED display.
- The LED display surface can be wiped gently in the same direction with clean water + a soft lint-free cloth. Do not wipe with a damp cloth.
- Do not use alcohol or chemical-containing cleaners to brush or spray liquid directly onto the LED display surface to prevent fluid from penetrating the protective film.
- If cleaning the surface of the module, use a brush. Do not use any liquid substance to clean the surface of the LED module. Otherwise, you will damage the LED lamp bead.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to absorb the watermark left after the wet wash to ensure that the entire LED billboard screen is clean and dust-free.
6. LED Screen Maintenance Reminders
LED display, just like traditional electronic products, requires regular maintenance and cleaning. You may regularly check whether the work is steady and whether there is a damaged line. Once the supervision of the LED display completes, the LED display’s service life extends.
It can play an essential role in the regular operation of the LED display. The LED display screen belongs to the semiconductor product of radiant heating. Although it can work for up to 100,000 hours, correct maintenance and implementation are still a must.
According to the statistics report, the global LED display mesh market will continue to grow. At the same time, this also promotes fashion consumption. LED Display Industry has occupied all over the world.
So, as a professional LED Display manufacturer, we learn about the LED Display market in different countries every year.
Also, as your trusted LED display manufacturer, we will provide you maintenance manual to guide you comprehensively. And if you have further questions, you can message us.