How To Customize LED Display Brightness?
1. What Is Brightness, And Why Is It Important?
According to Merriam-Webster, brightness refers to the quality or state of being bright. In a narrow sense, it is an attribute of being luminance, being quickly visible because of the light emission.
If you look around in daylight, you’ll see all objects as the sun showers brightness and emits light around us. At night, perhaps, we need any light source to see the objects to see things quickly. Above all, brightness eases us from performing our daily tasks.
In technology and LED display, brightness appears to be one of the most critical factors that set a product either great or not. An LED screen’s level of intelligence also identifies its reliability, authenticity, and other color features.
Brightness is vital in making content more visible, visually appealing, and attractive. You wouldn’t want smooth pacing ads to feel dull because of a low bright screen. You’ll seek better brand sensitivity if you’re for advertising.
2. Methods On How To Customize LED Display Brightness
First, let’s start with defining what LED Display is. A LED display is a flat panel display that uses an array of light-emitting diodes as pixels for a video display. Its brightness allows outdoor use visible in the sun for store signs and billboards.
LED Displays have a variety of functions and purposes according to how you want to use them. In the long run, it has been used in homes for outdoor and indoor use, for example, as an advertising medium, information dissemination, updates, news portals, and an outlet for important events.
Unlike LCDs, LEDs allow the audience a large viewing angle. Additionally, it has a longer life span, lightweight and thinner in size.
Three Ways To Control The LED Brightness
The following steps show how to customize the brightness of an LED screen.
- Change the current running along with the LED display. The general LED tube allows continuous working current controlled in 20 ma. Current flowing should be equivalent to the red LEDs saturation phenomenon.
- Another method to customize LED Display brightness is to use human eye visual inertia. It’s with the use of pulse width modulation to realize grayscale control. As long as the light cycle’s repetition is short enough (that is, the refresh rate is high enough), the human eye feels less than glowing pixels in jitter. Due to the pulse width modulation, it is more suitable for digital control.
- Lastly, scan the board serial transmission content because not every LED screen has an 8-bit binary value switch signal. Each LED has its pulse width modulator to control the light time.
Thus, each pixel point under the gray level 16 only needs four pulses in a repetitive light cycle. Under the gray level 256, just eight pulses significantly reduce the frequency of serial transmission.
3. Brightness Properties
How Do We Measure Brightness?
Brightness is measured by nits or candelas or in symbol goes cd/m². The International photometric Unit System measures an LED screen’s luminance and light emission.
What Are Other Parameters That We Have To Consider Alongside Brightness Level?
Apart from brightness, here are other parameters or LED screens specifications you need to know and pay attention to if you’re thinking of buying an LED screen.
- Grayscale. The grayscale is a range of gray shades from white to black. In a general sense, it affects the effect of color and hues of the content in an LED screen.
- Hue. Hues are colors or shades of colors. An LED screen with a great hue level makes balance color presentation and dramatically affects the overall visual effect of an image or video.
- Contrast Ratio. The contrast ratio specifies the depths of black. The deeper the blacks, the higher the contrast ratio, resulting in more vivid and better image quality.
- Refresh Rate. The refresh rate is one of the parameters that significantly affect the presentation of the LED screen. A higher refresh rate will be ideal if you opt for ads and videos or animations. Remember that a higher refresh rate results in a smoother image display and makes an easy and gentle approach to the eyes.
Other than these mentioned, more parameters may affect the overall visual performance of an LED screen. You may ask us and send us a message to know more.
Appropriate Brightness For Indoor And Outdoor Products
Ideally, indoor and outdoor LED screens vary, including their brightness level. They have different brightness levels as they run in locations, usage, and more.
Indoor LED screens are typically known to have lower brightness as the environment inside establishments and rooms does not require a higher light emission. On the other hand, outdoor LED screens under direct sunlight need to have high brightness so that their content can be visible. However, you may need to turn down its illumination at night as too much light emission can cause accidents, environmental degradation, etc.
Adjusting the LED display brightness is essential for an owner and an advertiser. Along with avoiding light pollution, it should help you reduce strains in your eyes and effective measures against eye fatigue.
Above all, YUCHIP makes sure that these parameters are carefully adjusted and set before we deliver the product to you.
Should you have more questions, please let us know. Please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, here are some links you may visit.
- When’s The Best Time To Buy A 3D LED display?
- What Are The Best Outdoor LED Screens?
- What’s The Difference Between P6 And P10 LEDs?
- Top LCD Screen Manufacturers
- P2.5 Airport LED Display: YUCHIP’s Project In Wuhan
- Novastar RCFG File For A P2.5 LED Panel: Steps And Guide
- P5 Outdoor LED For Magyar Szinhaz Theater, Hungary
- YUCHIP’s P4.8 Rental LED Display For Fönix Hall, Hungary
- YUCHIP’s P4.8 Outdoor And Indoor Rental LED Display In Austria
- How LED Wall Technology Revolutionizes The Film Industry
- The Top LED Screen Suppliers In The UK
- P3.91 Indoor LED Display In Xiamen: A YUCHIP’s Project
- COB LED Screens Are Revolutionizing The LED Industry
- Top LED Display Suppliers In South Korea
- Top 10 LED Screen Suppliers In Australia