Safely connecting an LED Video wall module is one of the most important things to keep in mind by the owner or installer. It might be difficult for some; we will help and guide you by providing you with the essential steps in this post.
LED video wall module connection is effortless. It only takes nine steps as below:
- Connect 220(110) voltage main power cable to the power supply.
- One power supply to the next.
- Five voltage power cables to the power supply.
- Flat cable to the receiving card.
- Power cable to the receiving card.
- One receiving card to the next.
- Power cable to the LED module power interface.
- Flat cable to the LED module signal interface.
- Connect Novastar sending box (card) between Laptop (PC) and receiving card.
Connecting LED video wall module needs items as below.
- LED Module
- Sending Box (MCTRL300)
- Receiving-card (MRV336)
- Power Supply (G Energy)
- 220V AC Input Power Cable
- 220V AC Power Cables
- Cat6 Cable
- 5V DC Power Cable
- Ribbon Cable
Connect all items from one to another in a proper way. And to make each step more straightforward for you, let us walk you through the process following the outline below.
Steps On How To Connect The LED Modules
1. Main Power Cable To The Power Supply
- Power Supply Input Interface
The power supply input voltage is 220(110) voltage. There are three marks in the power supply input port: L, N, and G. L stand for Live, N stands for Neutral, and G represents the ground.
- 220 (110) V AC Power Cable Interface
The 220/110 voltage main power cable has three wires in three different colors. The brown color is a live wire; the Blue color is the neutral wire; the Yellow and Green color is a ground wire.
Make sure that all connection is incorrect. Each interface: live to live, neutral to neutral, ground to ground. Suppose Blue color wire connects to the L interface, and the power supply will burn.
In Jonas’s demo video, you can see that he uses a G energy power supply. But if you are using Meanwell, Chuanglian, VAT, etc. Power supply, connection way is same.
2. One Power Supply To The Next
The power cables connecting two pieces of the power supply are 220(110) voltage. Make sure that the power supply wire connection is correct.
Every interface: live to live, neutral to neutral, ground to ground. You can check the detailed information in step 1.
3. Five Voltage Power Cables To The Power Supply
- Power Supply Output Interface
The power supply output is 5V DC to LED module. V+ represents live wire, and V- stands for the neutral wire.
- 5V DC Power Cable Interface
The 5V DC power cable is short named Red and Black cable in the LED screen industry. Red wire stands for live wire, and black wire stands for the neutral wire.
Ensure that all 5V DC power cable connections are in the correct interface: live to live, neutral to neutral. Otherwise, a wrong link will burn the LED module driver IC. And it will damage or burn the receiving-card IC as well.
4. Flat Cable To Receiving-card
You should know the serial numbers JH1~JH12 next to each interface in the MRV336 receiving card. And be sure that flat cables connect in order of 1-12.
Suppose there was a mistake plug order. You will fail to complete an intelligent screen setup or RCFG file upload.
5. Power Cable To The Receiving-card
- Receiving-card Input Power Interface
You will find two power ports on the receiving card. The one close to Lan port marked GND means neutral port, and the other marked 5V is live port.
- 5V DC Power Cable Interface
The 5V DC power cable, red wire stands for live wire, and black wire stands for the neutral wire.
Ensure that the red wire connects to the 5V port; the black wire connects to the GND port. If there is a wrong connection, the receiving card can not work or damage the receiving card.
6. One receiving card To The Next
You can plug the RJ45 cable into any port in the MRV336 receiving card. Each port in each receiving card can be input and output.
7. Power Cable To The LED Module Power Interface
You will find it’s easy and fast to connect the power cable to the LED module as both interfaces have a buckle design.
Make sure that you can plug the power cable quickly and smoothly. Otherwise, it’s in a reverse direction; turn to another side and fill again.
8. Flat Cable To The LED Module Signal Interface
Connect the JH1 port to the right up the module from the module back view. Then JH2 port to the left up the module, JH3 port to the right down module, and JH4 port to the left down module.
Make sure that your connection order is correct. The wrong connection order will misplace the display picture.
9. Novastar Sending Box Between Laptop And Receiving-card
- First, connect the power cable to sending package MCTRL300
- Then, click the USB cable between MCTRL300 and Laptop
- Afterward, connect the DVI port to MCTRL300, and the HDMI port to Laptop
- Connect Lan to MCTRL300 and MRV336 receiving-card
Either OUT1 or OUT2 in MCTRL300 is fine. Meanwhile, you can plug RJ45 into U or D port in the MRV336 receiving card; both can work as input and output.
Found in 2004, YUCHIP is an award-winning global LED display supplier headquartered in Shenzhen. We offer top-notch technology and high-performing visual products as a comprehensive LED display manufacturer.
Visit our website for more information; https://www.yuchip-led.com/.
Also, here are some links you may visit.
- Wireless LED Display And Its Applications
- How Be May The Quality Of An LED Display Be Judged?
- Media Markt: Store And Digital Signages
- What’s A Good LED Screen For Church?
- YUCHIP LED Display Products And Solutions At SGI DUBAI 2020
- Electric Scoreboard And Perimeter Features
- 8 Factors To Consider In Choosing The Best Outdoor LED Display
- What You Need to Know About LED Screen Maintenance
- LED Screen Algeria: YUCHIP’s P1.56 LED
- Why Is Stadium LED Screen Emergency Exit Important?
- YUCHIP P2.5 LED Totem: An Industry-Level Solution
- Outdoor HD LED Display: A Trend